Nationwide, competitive junior golf is well established. However, not every junior golfer can afford to pay the substantial costs that are associated with junior golf, from entry fees, to travel costs.
Competitive Drive assists those junior golfers who are otherwise unable to afford the steep cost of junior golf by assisting with these aforementioned costs, in accordance with NCAA and USGA rules.
Supporting Junior Golfers
The Importance of Playing in a Competitive Environment
Playing competitive golf tournaments opens up a new world to junior golfers. It teaches them to deal with pressure, overcome obstacles, and create lifelong friendships with their competitors. Additionally, it gives junior golfers the ability to interact with players they might not otherwise have a chance to meet. Finally, competitive golf gives junior golfers the ability to display their talents to college golf coaches, enabling them to compete for college scholarships.
Who We Help
Competitive Drive establishes relationships and aims to support junior golfers age 8 to 18. One of Competitive Drive’s measures of success is to support junior golfers in their pursuit of reaching the next level, including collegiate golf. The earlier the coaching and mentoring relationship can begin, the greater the chance of success in competitive tournaments.
Competitive Drive provides the following assistance for junior golfers:
Local Tournament Play
- This program seeks to assist junior golfers who are just beginning to play in competitive programs. It will provide entry fees to local golf tournaments so that the junior golfer can begin to gain experience playing in tournaments.
Regional Tournament Play
- This program seeks to assist junior golfers who have had success at the local level, and desire to play in more competitive regional golf tournaments. It will provide these golfers with entry fees for these tournaments, and the ability to play against a higher level of junior golf competition.
National Tournament Play
- This program seeks to assist junior golfers who have excelled at both the local and regional stage. It will provide these junior golfers the ability to travel and compete in national golf tournaments.
Interested in Participating in the Program?
What Competitive Drive looks for in a Junior Golfer
Competitive Drive is looking for junior golfers who have high level of dedication to the game. However, it’s not necessary to have prior tournament experience. Some of our juniors get their start at The First Tee, and they are looking to break into tournament play. We have three levels of tournament play available: local, regional, and national.
Juniors looking to apply should,
- Have a basic understanding of golf and have experience playing 18-hole rounds
- Be between the ages of 8 and 18
Competitive Drive has three main steps to the application process:
- The junior golfer must meet a needs based requirement
- Depending on the type of tournaments and funding the junior golfer is seeking, Competitive Drive needs to see a certain level of dedication to the game, through testimonials from local PGA or LPGA professionals.
- The junior golfer must demonstrate through an interview that they possess the characteristics to be a successful junior golfer.
Depending on the number of applicants, Competitive Drive may also hold tryouts for tournament funding.
We will have more details on how to apply soon. Sign up for the newsletter to get notified of updates.